VE EXAMS are held on the first Wednesday of odd numbered months at the following location:
Montpelier Fire Department
760 Clay Street Montpelier, ID 83254-1125
ON EXAM DAY BRING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
1. A government issued photo ID (driverís license, passport).
2. When no photo ID is available, two forms of identification must be presented.
a. non-photo ID
b. birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. social security card
d. library card
e. utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears on the Form 605.
3. Examinees may bring any of the above items and/or a school ID, minor's work permit, report card, or a legal guardian may present a photo ID.
4. Bring your Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN).
VECís are required by FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN, then you may use your FCC issued FRN, if you have one. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC's FAQ page and the FCC's registration instructions page.
5. If applicable, bring the original and a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license and any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed.
You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session.
Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session. The phones' calculator function may not be used.
8. Bring a check, a money order or cash to cover the exam session fee(s).
The ARRL VEC Exam Fee for 2012 is $15.00 (for one attempt at all three license elements).
If a candidate fails an element at an exam session and wants to re-test for the same element, an additional fee will be required.